THE ROTARY FOUNDATION IS TURNING 100!
Rotary is marking the Foundation's centennial with a year of festivities. The celebration kicks off at the 2016 Rotary Convention in Seoul and will culminate at the 2017 convention in Atlanta.
Join in and show your support for The Rotary Foundation. Here are some ways to get involved:Rotary is marking the Foundation's centennial with a year of festivities. The celebration kicks off at the 2016 Rotary Convention in Seoul and will culminate at the 2017 convention in Atlanta.
- Plan a Rotary Day in your community to raise awareness of Rotary and its Foundation.
- Promote projects your club or district is involved in that are funded by the Foundation. Share your photos and stories on your social media pages using #TRF100.
- Empower The Rotary Foundation to support the good work of Rotary clubs around the world by making a special contribution.
- Apply for a grant from the Foundation to fund a project.
- Attend the Rotary Convention in Seoul, 28 May-1 June 2016, and in Atlanta, 10-14 June 2017.
Check back often over the coming months to find more ideas and resources for celebrating the centennial.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS. THE CENTENNIAL YEAR BEGINS 1 JULY 2016.
A CENTURY OF DOING GOOD
WE SHOULD NOT LIVE FOR OURSELVES ALONE, BUT FOR THE JOY IN DOING GOOD FOR OTHERS.
— Arch C. Klumph, letter to Rotary club presidents, 5 February 1929
The seed for The Rotary Foundation was planted by Rotary President Arch Klumph at the Atlanta Convention in 1917. From the first gift of $26.50, the Foundation's assets have grown significantly, and more than $3 billion has been spent on programs and projects — transforming millions of lives around the globe.