Rotaract Harare Central Participated in the 2013 Rotary Awareness March organized by the District
Welcome to Rotaract
Do you want to be part of a global community of young adults taking action for positive change? Are you looking for the chance to share your ideas and look at the world’s challenges in a new way? Join a Rotaract club and find all this and more, including:
- Hands-on service projects
- Fun networking and social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- An international network of young leaders
WHAT IS ROTARACT?
Rotaract is a club for adults ages 18-30 that meets twice a month to exchange ideas, plan activities and projects, and socialize. While Rotary clubs serve as sponsors, Rotaract clubs decide how to organize and run their club and what projects and activities to carry out.
HOW DO I JOIN A ROTARACT CLUB?
You can join any Rotaract Club in your area and if you are in Harare, we invite you to join Rotaract Harare Central. To join our club, just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our club president will get in touch with you and invite you to our meetings.
If you’re interested in learning more about Rotaract, watch “Journey to Pisco” below to see how Rotaract clubs worldwide are using their energy, experience, and education to address issues that are important to them.
WHAT IF THERE ISN’T A ROTARACT CLUB IN MY AREA?
You can start one! Refer to the Rotaract Handbook for everything you need to organize and manage your new club. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A sponsor Rotary club to provide support and partnership
- An adviser from your sponsor club
- A faculty adviser (if it’s a university-based club) to serve as a liaison between your sponsor Rotary club and the university administration
- Strong club leaders to help organize your club, grow your membership, and carry out successful projects.
WHERE CAN I FIND MEMBERS FOR OUR CLUB?
Whether you’re starting a new club or part of an existing one, you can find potential members by publicizing your club activities in your community and university. Here are some other ideas:
- Post updates to your club website or blog, Facebook page, and Twitter account
- Organize special events in your community
- Invite potential members to your service projects, social events, and networking nights
Celebrate your club’s global impact by getting involved in:
- World Rotaract Week
- Rotaract multidistrict events
- Rotaract Preconvention Meeting
You can learn more about these events in the Rotaract Handbook.
Follow Rotaract Harare Central on Facebook for updates on these events and to find inspiration and ideas for getting involved.